Snapping a picture takes only a moment. Prepping up takes a few minutes. Posing may take a while. But, a mere glance at family photos lasts forever.
As a mom of two daughters, I know that better than anyone. But, here’s the kicker. The thing about newborn and baby photography is that it has an expiration date, even though it is something that marks the beginning of a complete family.
The starry gaze, the innocent smile, the cute playfulness last only as long as the kids don’t want to “grow up”. Luckily, parents come with an instinct to try and nurture this beauty for as long as possible.
Family photography is all about seizing the moment, but doing it all in a fun, relaxed way, at your kid’s favorite spot in Baltimore.
Sounds great? Well, it’s even better when you get the whole picture of how the photoshoot works.
ASK FOR INFO OR BOOK A SESSION
Check out my selected photos of professional family photography
Need more inspiration?
WHAT TO EXPECT AT A FAMILY PHOTOGRAPHY SESSION
A family photography session is like a vacation trip to your favorite spot with someone there to capture your finest moments.
Basically, you’ll get to choose between either studio or outdoor photography, pick up the finest attire for your family, and come and have fun while I photograph you. It works like this.
The session takes about an hour. Mostly, we do it in the morning, and sometimes in the late afternoon. This is because it gives photos a higher quality, due to lighting, setting, and other photography-related factors.
After you choose whether you want to do it outdoors or in the studio, it’s time to work on portrait ideas. One of my favorite things about photography is that it’s so collaborative. I love it when parents come with their ideas for poses, props, and clothes.
If you’re asking yourself “Where to take family pictures near me?”, it works much better if you know places to take family photos in Baltimore. Then, working out other stuff is just a matter of details.
This approach comes out of years of experience. A great photographer never shuts out the parents from the process. Actually, making them a part of it is the key to getting a photo people will ask you about all the time.
ASK FOR INFO OR BOOK A SESSION WITH FAMILY PHOTOGRAPHER
FAMILY PHOTOGRAPHER FAQS
WHAT TYPE OF FAMILY SESSIONS DO YOU OFFER?
You can either choose to do it in-studio or outdoors. Outdoor family sessions are great for little children that are on the move and like to explore.
HOW OLD SHOULD THE CHILDREN BE FOR THE FAMILY SESSION?
The children should be at least around six months old before taking a family photography session.
HOW MANY PHOTOS DO YOU GET FOR A FAMILY SESSION?
We offer mini and regular sessions. Mini session includes 6 digital images, and regular session offers a gallery of 20 images to choose from.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING TO THE SESSION?
Depending on the age and needs of your kids, favorite toy is always a good idea and plenty of water and snacks.
WHERE CAN I GET A FAMILY PORTRAIT DONE?
We can do your family portraits either outdoor or in my home studio.
HOW LONG DOES A FAMILY PHOTOGRAPHY SESSION LAST?
The session takes about an hour, but it may take longer considering preparations.
HOW MUCH DOES FAMILY PHOTO SESSION COST?
The price of a family photography is starting at $350, for a mini session, and for a regular session is starting at $600. For details on different packages, check our page family photoshoot prices.
TAKE THE MOST OUT OF BALTIMORE
For most people, they need a communicative photographer, open to your input and ideas.
Photographing child’s milestones requires planning that may change at the last moment. And you don’t want to work with such photographer without enough patience to switch up your child’s shirt.
Most of all, you want someone to give you a wholesome experience. And, without any hard-selling, don’t settle for less. After all, creating memorable photography experiences is my job, mission, and passion.
HOW TO PICK A FAMILY PHOTOGRAPHER IN BALTIMORE
I know from experience narrowing down a photographer can be tough. There are so many creative and talented individuals in this industry! But here are some tips to help you find your perfect match.
- It’s obvious that you’ll start with local family photographers. Ideally, it should be someone with a photography studio, or someone that knows Baltimore outdoors like their palm. That’s why you should consider Ana Koska Photography.
- Have a clear idea of the style you like. This will help you narrow down the selection of photographers. You can start with the list of Best Photographers in Baltimore.
- Review the photographer’s family portrait portfolio. Photographing children and families is different from photographing weddings or corporate work. Check that the photographer is experienced with family photography by reviewing their family photography portfolio.
- Think about the setting you’d like, and look for a photographer who works in that type of setting.
In general, family portraits can be captured in studio, in your home or outdoors.
- Experience with children. You want to choose a photographer that not only “gets” children and knows how to interact with them, you want to be sure they know how to connect with YOUR child. Whether your child is energetic, needs more time to warm up, or has difficulty in new situations, it helps when the photographer you’ve selected understands these needs and does whatever it takes to build a relationship and form trust with your little one. When there is trust, children are much more likely to relax…which inevitably helps you as the parent to feel at ease, too.
The images you create with your children today will be their most treasured possessions someday. Take the time to capture who you are as a family at this particular moment in time and get IN the photos with them by hiring a professional photographer. You’ll be so glad you did.
ASK FOR INFO OR BOOK A SESSION